Save as Doc will parse your currently open Google Sheet. Based on settings specified in the add-on, the parsed Sheet data will then be used to create a Google Document in your Google Drive. Save as Doc will not view, modify, delete, or share any Document or other file in the user’s Google Drive.
How Your Data Is Used
Save As Doc parses the user selection in the currently open Google Sheet. Based on the name entered in the file name field of the add-on, a Google Doc is created from the Sheet cell contents and placed in the root of your Google Drive. The document is not shared with anyone and the only individual with access to the generated document is the user that ran the add-on. No other file is visible to nor used by Save As Doc. If the “remember these settings” option is checked, the entered file name and currently selected options will be stored in the user’s properties for ease of generating future documents from the same Google Sheet. No other data is accessed by Save As Doc.
The following authorizations are required for this add-on:
- View and manage spreadsheets that this application has been installed in
- See, create, and edit all Google Docs documents you have access to
- Display and run third-party web content in prompts and sidebars inside Google applications
- The view and manage spreadsheets that this application has been installed in authorization pertains to the add-ons spreadsheet parsing functionality.
- The see, create, and edit all Google Docs documents you have access to authorization is required to create new documents in your Google Drive.
- The display and run third-party web content in prompts and sidebars inside Google applications authorization is required for displaying the add-on branding in the sidebar interface.
https://thebowles.org and https://google.com are the only domains that interact in any way with the Save as Doc add-on.